Job Title: Research & Instruction Librarian
Location: Los Angeles
Compensation: $28.56 – $30.76 per hour DOE
Desired Start Date: 01-02-2024
The Chicago School University Library is accepting applications for an engaged and innovative individual to join our team. We welcome applications from both experienced librarians and those newer to librarianship.
This is a hybrid position with 3 days on campus and 2 days remote. Occasional travel to our Anaheim campus may be required.
Research Support & Services
- Provides research support to students and faculty in-person and online.
- Participates in the planning and delivery of team-based virtual research services (i.e., chat, text, email, and telephone).
- Maintains awareness of a wide variety of research tools, methodologies, and resources appropriate for student and faculty scholarship.
- Actively engages in opportunities to integrate library tools, expertise, and resources into courses, instructor development sessions, and co-curricular programming.
Instruction and Outreach
- Plans, coordinates, and delivers in-person and online library instruction that is inclusive and incorporates best practices in information literacy teaching and assessment.
- Develops and maintains point-of-need and course-integrated guides, tutorials, and other learning objects.
- Designs and delivers library programming and outreach, including the library’s social media presence.
Collection Development & Maintenance
- Collaborates with library team regarding collection priorities, needs, and access.
- Assists with selecting and deselecting materials for the library’s physical and digital collections.
- Maintains familiarity with publishing and research trends.
- As part of the library team, assists with the development/revision of procedures, policies, mission statement, goals, and data collection.
- Occasionally assists with supervision and training of student employees, and campus library operations.
- Contributes to and learns from the profession through local, state, and national professional organizations, presentations, and publications.
- Identifies and integrates best practices in service, teaching and learning, and scholarly activity.
Service to University
- Attend meetings, participate in special projects, and serve on committees relating to the library, the University, and consortia.
- ALA-Accredited (or international equivalent) graduate degree in Library and Information Science.
- Familiarity with a variety of information resources (across disciplines and formats).
- Ability to work independently, flexibly, and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and knowledgeably in multiple modalities.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to provide instruction in a variety of settings and modalities (on-ground, online, group and individual).
- Knowledge of information literacy instructional practices, including familiarity with the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect in the workplace.
For more information, or to apply, please visit: https://tcsedsystem.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TCSPP/job/Los-Angeles-CA/Research—Instruction-Librarian—Los-Angeles_R0009669