There is no charge for posting jobs on the CARL Job Listings. We welcome academic and research library job listings from California employers. (For public or other library jobs, consider the California Library Association Career Center.)
What to include
Please include the expected salary range in all position listings as required by SB-1162. It will be helpful if you can also include an address for the work location.
When preparing your job description, please follow best practices for accessible documents, especially:
- Use paragraph and heading styles to mark up the document instead of manually adding boldface, changing font sizes, etc.
- Use bulleted or numbered lists in your word processor where appropriate instead of formatting lists manually.
- Avoid ALL CAPS except for acronyms and abbreviations.
Posting your position
There are two ways to get your job posted:
Option 1 (preferred)
Email David Drexler with the job description. Include the text of your posting in your email, attach it as an editable file (e.g. MS Word), or include a link to a google document. Please do not send a PDF.
If you have job postings on a regular basis, write to David Drexler with your name and employer to ask for an account for this site. Once you have an account, you can log in to enter your job postings:
- Under “Posts,” click “Add New.”
- In the title box, type the job title, institution, and city (if it’s not already including in the institution name), for example:
“Resource Sharing Librarian, Wild Poppy College, Cloverdale, CA”
- In the main box, enter the job description.
- Optional: Check one or more categories that describe the position. You can choose as many as apply. We’ll add these if you don’t indicate them.
- Optional: Posts normally expire and are removed from the site after 80 days. You can change the expiration date under the “Publish Press Future” heading.
- Optional: Fill in information under “Google Job Posting Registration Information.” We’ll fill in as much information as possible from your job description.
- Click on “Submit for Review.”
Within a week or so an administrator will review your job listing and publish it to the website. Due to the number of listings, we do not always send out confirmation of receipt.
If you have any questions, please contact David Drexler.